Thanks for being part of MASSPIRG and helping make 2011 such a success.
Check out some of our highlights from the year:
- Reducing the burden of student loan debt by capping students' monthly loan payments and stopping aggressive cuts to Pell grants, the federal financial aid program that serves more than 9 million students.
- Teaming up with the cast of Mad Men to make a Funny or Die video supporting High Speed Rail.
- Raising awareness about hunger and poverty through events during Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week.
- Joining the Textbook Rebellion, a national tour to raise awareness about the high cost of textbooks and affordable solutions. The tour collected 10,000 petition signatures and was featured in 100 news stories.
- Supporting Massachusetts recycling by collecting 10,000 signatures asking the state legislature to update the Bottle Bill.
By joining together and funding MASSPIRG here at MassBay Community College, we've been able to bring about some great results. Thanks for your support.
Of course, there's still a lot to be done on all of our campaigns. We're excited for next semester.
- About Us
- Get Involved